Tuesday 17 May 2016

Inspiranté (guest post)

Inspiranté – Translated from the Latin – Inspiration!  The direct Latin translation is a Divine influence directly & immediately exerted upon the mind or soul.  Call me an incurable romantic but that sounds wonderful, doesn’t it?  Exerted immediately upon the mind or the soul – I love it!  It ignites in me great passion for the topic of exertion.  I mean really, couldn’t we all do with a bit (read a lot) of inspiration every now and then?  I know I could!

In this context I particularly love the Latin translation, as opposed to the Spanish - inspiring:  producing a feeling, thought or action.  Now normally I love, love, love the Spanish but this particular explanation lacks … drama (not normally something the Spanish choose to take a back seat on).  The Latin translation puts it out there early … Inspiration is not from us, it is a Divine Influence, fabulous!  With all the gazillion things The Divine is handling right this moment, He immediately exerted upon my mind the menu for tonight’s supper. The ordinary, some might even say the mundane, has now been Divinely decreed – very Herculean.  I love it!

How often do you call upon inspiration?  Do you work in a creative space?  Do you dream up great advertising campaigns that need clever hooks and linger lines? Or do you design cars for a living, in one of those prestigious car companies?  Or do you write great dramatic symphonies that require masterful composition – no?  Neither do I.  I’m a relatively normal mom, a writer, a secretary, a Manager of my Universe … so when then would I need inspiration?  I snort dismayed and ask you, when do I not need inspiration exerted upon my soul?

I believe it was Einstein who said “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”  If Einstein doesn’t mind me a little bit of poetic lee-way, I would go so far as to say inspiration too, doesn’t imagination spark from inspiration?

There isn’t a day that goes by in the red-taped corporate world that doesn’t require inspiration and I don’t mean of the creative accounting kind.  From planning a seminar, to presenting to the Board, to a collaborative think tank around a new concept.  Like I said, I know I need inspiration to plan tonight’s dinner for 2 fussy little eaters.  I mean how many different ways can I serve up chicken strips and salad?

Nope every minute of every single day, we need Inspiranté, inspiration to keep the soul thirsting for new ideas, better ways of doing things and clever solutions to budget-tight challenges.

So who & what inspires you?  Personally I find beauty and relationships inspire me.  Improving relationships;  being a better mother, person, writer, daughter, human being and friend.  A breath taking snow-capped mountain inspires me strangely enough to cook and write (not necessarily in that order).  Sunsets inspire romance and great love.  Sunrises inspire new beginnings and a health trip to the gym (has anyone else noticed that?)

Inspiration, Inspiranté … if we put those spectacles on, we can see it all around us, all the time … spurring us on to be better, to strive higher, to reach new heights of personal success.

So we could all do with a spot of Inspiration, every second of every minute of every day …

Live Inspirationally …

Love you all madly …     
Warm regards …              
Collette in Cape Town


http://zenith-thinking.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment