Tuesday 1 March 2016

Learn, Love ... Inspire

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent. ~ John Donne So true!

Recently I came across a YouTube video clip on my Facebook page of Jonathan and Charlotte ... two British teenagers who took their courage in their hands and entered “Britain’s got Talent”. If you haven’t seen the audition clip you have to watch it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsNlcr4frs4).

This is a case in point, Jonathan is an overweight 17 year old who has little to no self-confidence and self-worth but his 16 year old friend Charlotte believes in him wholeheartedly. And because of that support and belief he ventured out of his shell far enough to audition for the show. Without her love and support, Jonathan would never have done it on his own. It took just one person to believe, for him to take that all important step.

My mom has always told me, “You’re never to old to learn, my girl. Learn all you can while you can.” And that is what I bring to you here ... watch the clip, observe this dynamic in action all around you and learn from it because it is love and inspiration at it’s best!

Let that knowledge you’ve learnt allow you to love yourself, love others and love your life ... warts and all. Life isn’t always easy, I admit, but to me life is always worth it. I am truly blessed to have a terrific husband, an incredible son and wonderful family and friends, who inspire me daily to be a better person. And for that I am truly thankful. Remember when you can be truly thankful for everything that happens in your life ... good, bad or indifferent ... that is when the magic happens. That’s when all manner of opportunities will open up on your path through life.

So, what have you learnt?

Yours in inspiration,
Dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment